Based on an old blog post, I intended to remove all unnecessary uses of the word "that" from Wikipedia.
I created an account called removesthat and got started. Using the random page feature I spent an hour finding dozens of inappropriate uses of "that" and deleted them.
He was dismayed to discover that his granddaughter did not know what coal was.
He was dismayed to discover his granddaughter did not know what coal was.
Once I'd done a few thousand I was going to write up the stunt and see if it could get some traction in PR. It was going to be a fun side project to kick off the year.
But less than an hour after my first edits, they were reverted:
I guess not every idea is a good one. All I got out of it was this crappy blog post!