But before deleting them, I thought I'd share. Maybe you can do something with them that I couldn't.
So the following is a collection of ideas I had this year that didn't or aren't going to happen. I either didn't know how to start them, discovered they'd already been done or, after further consideration, decided they were shit.
- An app for the Australian Red Cross Blood Service to easily make and change bookings. It would also remind you when you're due to donate again.
- A website to connect casual investors with wannabe inventors. Think Dragon's Den meets Kickstarter.
- An 'In Case of Emergency' app that sits on your phone if you're in an accident. Ambulance Officers would have a unique password to access information about who to contact and what you're allergic to.
- A Beerend that works on glass shelf fridges.
- An app for sharing a single shopping list across multiple users. There's a few already out there but they are expensive and naff.
- A WordPress plugin to easily create wedding registries where each item is tagged with an affiliate marketing link. This revenue would help pay for the couple's honeymoon.
- A companion app to allow for asynchronous media consumption discussion.
- An eBook for university students about how to get a job in digital marketing.
- An app to make and track casual bets among friends. Most likely called Bets With Friends.
- Single charge iPhone power packs for festivals and emergency situations.
- An app to easily block out or censor information on a photo/image before sharing it online. Possibly called Blackout.
There's a few others on the list that I might share another time (hopefully not this time next year) but if you think you can do anything with any of the above, let me know how you go.